Saturday 27 June 2009

The Neptune Effect - Deception and Delusion

Before the series started this year I decided I would not be watching for a few reasons.

One was C4's draconian attitude to the dedicated fans who uploaded clips to YouTube. For years C4 ignored said clips because they freely advertised the show. Before this current series started they blocked us UK viewers from watching any such clips, hoping instead that we would view their ad-filled YT channel. Wrong C4, I avoid your YT channel like the plague!

Two is of course the Live Feed issue, how can we judge the housemates when the only things we get to see are the housemates sleeping and the highly edited highlight show?

Three is the axing of the excellent Dairy Room Uncut program and reducing BBBM to a once-a-week mockery of what it once was.

Those who know me know I am an astrologer, BB lends itself excellently to astrology when watching the HMs via the media listed above. Every year I would do a 'start of series' chart and often found it gave an overview of the way the series would be perceived and hints of the eventual winner. Weekly, with varying levels of success I would do an eviction chart to try and predict who would be evicted.
BB10 chart
This year all that I could do was the start of series chart. This I did and shared with a few online friends before the show started. I only drew brief conclusions from the chart, this is what I said at the time; "It is not a portentious chart for the start of the series. None of these planets are well placed, the moon is in fall, the sun, mercury, jupiter, saturn all have no essential dignity. Venus is in detriment but does have 'face (slight dignity). Jupiter, chart ruler is conjunct Neptune. It's all an illusion! There'll be confusion, corruption and, fakery, and I'm not sure how, but possibly even something fraudulent. Quite possible the eventual winner will be someone who is religious, spiritual or artistic, probably female.

shoe
So is it fraudulent in some manner? Who can say, but there are murmurings that allegedly C4 may be indulging in a bit of product placement via the highlight show.




I am not accusing C4 of such doings but they have been caught out doing similar before now as this link shows http://www.campaignlive.com/news/490031/Ofcom-fines-C4-product-placement/

That was 2005, in 2008 they were considering signing up to work on a code to permit product placement and now in 2009 they are saying they support the product placement ban

So it's over to you folks, I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions. Just one more thing, Astrologers will note the emphasis on Neptune ruled Pisces in the chart, Pisces rules feet.

10 comments:

  1. "It's all an illusion! There'll be confusion, corruption and, fakery, and I'm not sure how, but possibly even something fraudulent." what a prediction!

    Interesting links on C4's 'journey' with regard to product placement - lets not overlook endemol part in this http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m4PRN/is_2009_March_30/ai_n31485881/ posted on PR Newswire March 30 2009

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a load of rubbish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intersting Link Munkety, loving the fact that the Pisces symbolism is still being played out via the word 'Footprint' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire the fact that you have the confidence of your convictions Anonymous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't buy into astrology, I think its all too vague and is basically like cold reading. Each to their own though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see the usual C4/Endemol stooges lurking whose best response is 'Load of old rubbish'. Yes BB10 is a load of old rubbish in my opinion . I think C4/Endemol thought they could serve up any old garbage and still get 3 million average ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How does me saying astrology is a load of old rubbish make me a C4/Endemol stooge? FYI I think the live feed is vital, have signed the petition and voted yes to it coming back. I just don't buy into astrology. I could apply confusion, corruption and fakery to the past few years. I don't think there is anything in it, its just similar to cold reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think removing/blocking the YouTube vids have done huge damage to C4's reputation, and BBUK's appeal. They could have added those new overlay ads to every clip and made money. Instead they've just alienated even more fans...and so the viewing figures keep falling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. re YouTube - I agree it's really damaging - so clearly about money, money, money

    ReplyDelete

thanks for showing your support